All data is processed or held within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
How do we collect information about you?
We may collect, process, store and transfer several different categories of personal data about you:
- Identity Data including name, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data including billing address, delivery address, email address and phone numbers.
- Financial Data including bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data including details about payments to and from you and records of products and services you have purchased / ordered from us.
- Technical Data including cookie information, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, mobile device IDs and MAID (Mobile Advertising IDs), operating system and platform and other technology used by the devices you use to access this website.
- Login Data including your user credentials and password for any consumer or support accounts.
- Usage Data including information about how you use our website, products, digital assets, apps and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing materials, promotions and/or newsletters from us and your communication preferences, feedback or complaints which you have communicated to us.
- User Generated Content including text, pictures, audios, videos, testimonials, tweets, blog posts and reviews posted by you on online platforms such as social media and e-commerce sites.
How may we use your personal information?
The law on data protection sets out several different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal information. As a company, we are often required to process your personal information in order to carry out certain tasks relating to our business activities. In such cases, processing of personal information can be justified on the grounds of legitimate interest.
We would also contact you to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercising of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression list in order to be able to comply with your request).
It may be necessary to contact you to protect our company interests, for instance where you fail to repay what you owe us or return our property. This may be carried out by a third party acting on our behalf.
We use your personal information for contractual reasons, i.e. in order to process your orders and payments or to give you a refund. We use your personal information when you have given your consent, for instance to communicate with you by email or text messages about our products and services, competitions, offers, promotions or special events where you choose to do so.
We use your personal information should there be a legal obligation to do so.
Finally, we use your information in certain circumstances should it be in your vital interests, for instance to contact you if there are any urgent safety or product recall notices or where we otherwise reasonably believe that the processing of your personal information will prevent or reduce any potential harm to you, for instance criminal activity.
When you visit our Site or receive consented email marketing from us or our approved email provider partner, we collect usage information to identify if an email was opened and which pages were visited. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic, our marketing or site’s effectiveness and to improve your experience. We use tracking technologies including cookies for this process. We don’t collect data (other than provided by you) that can identify you, a visitor or an individual or send targeted advertising.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will only use your personal information for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
Who may we share your information with?
We share your information with the following service providers: payment gateways, suppliers, insurers and delivery couriers. We only work with service providers who meet our standards on the processing of data and data security. We may transfer your personal information to other organisations in certain scenarios, for example when you apply for credit or if required to do so by law. Also, under any code of practice by which we are bound, or we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority. We may share information with fraud prevention agencies, or if we are necessary, share information in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems or services.
How do we keep your personal information safe?
J.G. Thomson implements technical and organisational security measures to protect the personal information supplied by you against loss, destruction, and any unauthorised access by third parties. We ensure that all partners we work with act in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
What are your rights with respect to your personal information?
You have the right to request what personal information is held about you and our reasons for processing it. Below please find examples of rights that all individuals have under the GDPR data protection laws. Please be advised that they do not apply in all circumstances.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
If you have a question about this policy, please contact us at:
Should you be unhappy with the outcome of your enquiry, you can contact The Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, Telephone 01625-545700.
Please visit the ICO’s website for further details at: https://ico.org.uk